Chocolate Peanut Butter & Jelly Cups
These cups combine two of the best flavor combos of all time- peanut butter + chocolate and peanut butter + jelly! Whether you’re looking for an afternoon pick-me-up, or an after dinner dessert, these easy to make cups will hit the spot anytime!
Preparation time: 30 mins
Serving size: 6
For the chocolate cup:
- 2/3 cup coconut oil (refined for no coconut taste, unrefined will have a slight coconut flavor)
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup VitaFiber syrup
For the Peanut Butter & Jelly Filling:
- 1/3 cup drippy peanut butter
- 3T peanut powder
- Dash of sea salt (as long as your peanut butter is unsalted)
- 3-4T raspberry or strawberry jam
For the topping:
- 1/3 cup goji berries or dried strawberries
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- Flakey sea salt, optional
- Melt the coconut oil and almond butter together until smooth. Stir in the cacao powder and VitaFiber until the mixture is evenly combined.
- Line 6 muffin tins with cupcake papers. Evenly divide about 2/3 of the chocolate mixture amongst the 6 cups, swirling the pan around to work the chocolate mixture up the sides. Place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to harden.
- Meanwhile, stir together the peanut butter, peanut powder, and season with salt to taste. (If you prefer sweeter, you could also add another 1T of VitaFiber syrup to the peanut mixture).
- Once the chocolate shells are solidified, evenly divide the peanut mixture in to the center of the chocolate cups, leaving a little bit of space around the edges. Spread approx. 1 ½ tsp of jam over top the peanut butter layer of each cup.
- Whisk the melted chocolate mixture again, and then evenly distribute over the top of each cup, fully covering the peanut butter and jelly layer.
- Immediately sprinkle 2 tsps each of berries + peanuts on top of each chocolate cup. Sprinkle with extra sea salt, if desired. Place in the fridge or the freezer to harden. If you plan to eat within 2-3 days, the cups can stay in the fridge, otherwise, store in the freezer until ready to eat!
- When ready to serve, remove paper cups, so the chocolate is fully exposed. Allow to sit out at room temperate 5-15 minutes before biting in to each cup if stored in the freezer, if the cups are stored in the fridge, they will be ready to eat immediately. Enjoy!