Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe by Megan Osborn | @healthy_happy_and_free
Peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven, especially in cookie form! These cookies are so delicious and chewy - no one will suspect they have the gut-health benefits of prebiotic fiber
and reduced sugar! No mixer required!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar/stevia baking blend
- 1/4 cup cane sugar/stevia baking blend
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup VitaFiber IMO powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg, sugar blends, vanilla and peanut butter. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, VitaFiber powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper, cooking spray or use a silicone baking mat (silicone baking mat is my preferred method for cookies).
- Roll the cookie dough into tall balls. Making the balls taller means thicker cookies! Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Enjoy!
Makes about 10 cookies.