Recipe by Ellen Whitney| @ellen_whitney
This is the BEST pumpkin pie I have ever had! My family has gobbled it up every time I've made it- if my brother who claims he doesn't like dessert (crazy, right?!) If you need more convincing, not only is this pie delicious, it's healthier for you too! The entire pie only contains 1/4 cup of sugar from pure maple syrup, as the rest of the sweetness comes from VitaFiber®, a sugar-free, low calorie natural sweetener that also provides a good source of prebiotics (gut health!) and non-GMO dietary fiber for improved digestive health…something we could all use a little boost of around the holiday season. Additionally, instead of butter + eggs, I used coconut milk to keep it dairy-free, which adds an incredible creaminess with some extra depth of flavor. Speaking of depth of flavor, don’t be afraid to be a little heavy handed with the vanilla, because more is MORE
Graham Cracker Crust:
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 sleeves graham crackers (1 3/4 cup crumbs)
- 1/4 cup VitaFiber® powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 6-7T coconut oil, melted
- 2T water
- 1 can pure pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup VitaFiber® powder
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup - room temperature
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tsps pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsps pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- whipped cream - for serving
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers until they become fine crumbs. Pour into a mixing bowl with the cinnamon and sea salt to evenly combine. Add the coconut oil and water until all the crumbs are fully moistened.
- Spray a 9-inch pie pan with non stick spray. Pour crumbs into the pan and use hands to press firmly across the bottom of the pan and up the sides. (The back of a measuring cup can help with this too). Bake for 10 minutes, until golden. Remove from the oven and let cool on a cooling rack, at least 5 minutes. Turn oven heat to 350F.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the ingredients for the filling until smooth. Once crust has cooled slightly, pour filling until the shell. Carefully transfer to the oven and bake 40-50 minutes until set. Allow to cool at least 4 hours at room temperature before slicing.
- Can be stored at room temperature the first day, then transfer to the refrigerator. Serve with whipped cream!