These is a great homemade gingerbread cookie recipe. Add a little fun by adding vanilla icing. Here is our recipe: VitaFiber® Vanilla Icing.
- 3 cups (470 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons (4.5 g) baking powder
- 3⁄4 tsp (3.5 g) baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp (2 g) salt
- 1 tbsp (4.5 g) ground ginger
- 1 3⁄4 tsp (3.5 g) ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp (0.5 g) ground cloves
- 6 tbsp (90 g) unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup (120 g) VitaFiber® IMO powder
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup (140 g) VitaFiber® IMO syrup
- 2 tsp (6 g) vanilla
- 1 tsp (2.5 g) finely grated lemon zest
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves until well blended.
- In a large bowl beat butter, VitaFiber® IMO powder, and egg on medium speed until well blended.
- Add VitaFiber® IMO syrup, vanilla, and lemon zest and continue to mix until well blended.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients until blended and smooth.
- Divide dough in half and roll into cylinders. Wrap each half in plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare baking sheets by lining with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from the fridge and slice off individual cookies ¼” (or ½ cm).
- Grease or line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Space cookies 1 1/2-inches apart.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time for 7 to 10 minutes (the lower time will give you softer cookies).